Sunday, February 24, 2013

MY REVISED TOP TEN LIST OF MOVIES FROM 2012

Okay, so I was able to see more Oscar nominated films since my posting earlier this year.  There was one slight change because I really couldn't take off many of the movies listed.  At the AFI Film Festival in late 2011, I saw Jeff Who Lives at Home.  I still couldn't get to all the movies so I will have to wait for the DVD releases of The Hobbit and Skyfall.  What?  Yes, I know shocking!  Usually, I would have seen these in the theatre but didn't make it.  Skyfall was the very secret screening at the AFI Film Festival which I didn't know about in time:[  I really liked Life of Pi and think it's a technological marvel.  Lincoln was very talky but Daniel Day Lewis' performance was remarkable and uncanny!  Even though I want Hugh Jackman to win Best Actor, I think it will go to DDL.  Flight was a surprise from beginning to end.  I liked it way more than I thought I would.  Starting with the script to the acting and directing, I'm glad it has some recognition.  Especially after reading about the screenwriter's journey.  The one movie that took my breath away is The Perks of Being a Wallflower.  I watched the DVD today and was taken aback at how poignant and relatable it was!  Expect a review soon... after all this Oscars stuff.  Immediately following this blog entry will be my Oscar Winner Predictions!  Enjoy the show and we'll connect on the flip side.

-Z

10. Beasts of the Southern Wild
  9. The Sessions
  8. Les Miserables
  7. Ted
  6. Moonrise Kingdom
  5. The Dark Knight Rises
  4. Zero Dark Thirty
  3. Argo
  2. Silver Linings Playbook
  1. Impossible

No comments:

Post a Comment