Friday, January 27, 2012

MAN ON A LEDGE KEEPS YOU ON THE EDGE!

The terrific new thriller Man On A Ledge stars Sam Worthington as Nick Cassidy, a wrongly accused ex-cop trying to clear his name.  He does so in such a public way with the help of negotiator/cop Lydia Mercer, played by Elizabeth Banks. 

It's a treat to see the ever-so-charming Edward Burns in front of the camera!  Here he plays Jack Dougherty, a cop that's first on the scene and tries to help the situation along.  You may remember Jamie Bell as Billy Elliot back in 2000.  Well, he's all grown up and holds his own as Nick's brother, Joey.  There's a surprise play by Genesis Rodriguez as Joey's very sassy girlfriend Angie  What a plum role for her.  I must also give a shout out to Anythony Mackie as Nick's partner, Mike.  Check him out in Real Steel (which just came out on DVD this past Tuesday).

The bad guy in this film is an always terrific Ed Harris as David Englander.  I couldn't help but notice he sure looks very skinny, wrinkly and small.  As my friend said, "Doesn't he look like the cryptkeeper"?!  I believe it's all part of the role, method acting.  Kyra Sedgwick plays an opportunistic reporter Suzie Morales. The way she says her name gets a laugh... every time!

This movie kept me on the edge of my seat.  Great acting and writing.  Kudos to director Asger Leth on a job well done!  I hope he gets more work from this.  My feeling is he will.  See this movie on the big screen while you can.  That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment