Sunday, January 15, 2012

MY 2012 GOLDEN GLOBE PREDICTIONS (25 CATEGORIES)

Here are my predictions which I JUST finished typing up.  I'll be back to smooth out the rough text, typos, etc.  And the 5pm feed begins in a few minutes!  Enjoy, Z

Best Motion Picture - Drama
Will win = Hugo.  My pick = The Ides of March.  Pleasant longshot = The Ides of March. (I did have The Descendants set to win but changed it to Hugo since the HFPA love cinema and preservation of film.)

Best Actor in a Drama
Will win = George Clooney - The Descendants.  My pick = George Clooney - The Descendants.  Pleasant longshot = Ryan Gosling - The Ides of March.

Best Actress in a Drama
Will win = Viola Davis – The Help.  My pick = Viola Davis – The Help.  Pleasant longshot = Rooney Mara - The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.  Meryl, like Oprah, should exclude herself... we know she excels at everything she does!  Won = Meryl Streep - The Iron Lady

Best Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical
Will win = The Artist.  My pick = The Artist.

Best Actor in a Comedy or Musical
Will win = Jean Dujardin - The Artist.  My pick = Jean Dujardin - The Artist.

Best Actress in a Comedy or Musical
Will win = Michelle Williams - My Week With Marilyn.  My pick = Kristen Wiig - Bridesmaids.  Pleasant longshot = Kristen Wiig - Bridesmaids.

Best Director
Will win = Michel Hazanavicius - The Artist.  My pick = Michel Hazanavicius - The Artist.  Pleasant longshot = George Clooney - The Ides of March. Won = Martin Scorsese - Hugo

Best Supporting Actor
Will win = Christopher Plummer - Beginners.  My pick = Christopher Plummer - Beginners.  Pleasant longshot = Kenneth Branagh - My Week With Marilyn.

Best Supporting Actress
Will win = Octavia Spencer - The Help.  My pick = Octavia Spencer - The Help.

Best Screenplay
Will win = Midnight in Paris.  My pick = Moneyball.  Pleasant longshot = The Ides of March.

Original Song
Will win = Hello Hello – Gnomeo & Juliet.  My pick = Hello Hello – Gnomeo & Juliet
Won = Masterpiece - W.E

Best Animated Feature
Will win = Rango.  My pick = Rango. Won = The Adventures of Tin Tin

Best Foreign Language Film
Will win = A Separation.  My pick = In The Land of Blood & Honey.  Pleasant longshot = The Skin I Live In.

Best Original Score
Will win = Ludovic Bource, The Artist.  My pick = Ludovic Bource, The Artist

Best TV Series, Drama
Will win = Game of Thrones.  My pick = Game of Thrones.  Pleasant longshot = Homeland. (Yay!)

 Best TV Series, Musical or Comedy
Will win = Episodes.  My pick = Enlightened.  Pleasant longshot = New Girl.
Won = Modern Family (I do love that show.  Happy it won.)

Best Actress, TV Drama
Will win = Claire Danes - Homeland.  My pick = Claire Danes - Homeland.  Pleasant longshot = Madeleine Stowe – Revenge

Best Actor, TV Drama
Will win = Bryan Cranston – Breaking Bad.  My pick = Bryan Cranston – Breaking Bad.  Pleasant longshot = Damian Lewis - Homeland Won: Kelsey Grammer

Best Actor, TV Musical or Comedy
Will win = Matt LeBlanc - Episodes.  My pick = Matt LeBlanc - Episodes.

Best Actress, TV Musical or Comedy
Will win = Laura Dern - Enlightened.  My pick = Laura Dern - Enlightened.

Best Miniseries or TV Movie
Will win = Mildred Pierce  (or Downton Abbey) My pick = Mildred Pierce  Won = Downton Abbey (I just couldn't get into the first season after a few tries.  Maybe I'll like it later.)

Best Performance Actress, Miniseries or TV Movie
Will win = Kate Winslet - Mildred Pierce  My pick = Kate Winslet - Mildred Pierce

Best Performance Actor, Miniseries or TV Movie
Will win = Hugh Boneville – Downton Abbey  My pick = Hugh Boneville – Downton Abbey 
Won = Idris Elba - Luther

Best Performance Supporting Actress, Miniseries or TV Movie
Will win = Maggie Smith - Downton Abbey  My pick = Maggie Smith - Downton Abbey 
Won = Jessica Lange - American Horror Story

Best Performance Supporting Actor, Miniseries or TV Movie
Will win = Guy Pearce – Mildred Pierce   My pick = Guy Pearce – Mildred Pierce
Won = Peter Dinklage - Game of Thrones (I think this guy is great in In Bruges, and Death at a Funeral)

No comments:

Post a Comment