Wednesday, June 27, 2012

FILMMAKER NORA EPHRON HAS DIED

I just heard the news today that Nora Ephron has died!  I am saddened and shocked to hear this.  Her last movie was Julie & Julia in 2009.  Nora's an inspiration to us filmmakers.  She will be sorely missed.  TBC...

========================================================================

My mother was into movies so I was exposed to many as a kid.  I remember seeing the amazing Meryl Streep in Silkwood.  Nora wrote that one but I didn't know it.  Then in 1989 a little movie came out, When Harry Met Sally, when everyone knew who she was.  That was Nora's BIG break as a screenwriter.  She directed her first movie in 1992, called This Is My Life.  My friends and I plan to have a Nora Ephron night sometime soon.  We have a list of credits to choose from at http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001188/.

In 1996, Nora Ephron was a part of the Borowsky Lecture which I was lucky to attend.  Nora was funny, witty and poignant.  Myself and the audience were amazed at her backstory.  Such a fascinating woman who was taken from us (IMHO) too soon.  You were and are an inspiration to me.  It's been since reading all the articles by fans and friends.  We'll miss you Nora but will always have your movies to revisit.  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment